December 15, 2009

Border


Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Albert Einstein

Art is a lie that makes us realize truth.
Pablo Picasso

We must walk consciously only part way toward our goal, and then leap in the dark to our success.
Henry David Thoreau

And maybe this one, also; Knowledge makes vivid the art of imagination.
That one's mine.
I really enjoyed taking liberties with the leech pattern. And to really see this, you should double-click on the image. After observing them swimming, then subsequently tying, and then testing my artificials in the bathtub, I realized that I'd been busy creating an art form. It was indeed a gift. My goal had ever so subtly been altered, because the desire to be visually pleased with that which now swam so authentically in the tub superceded any expectancy I harbored with regard to the interest that may or may not be exhibited by trout, although I must confess to a growing conviction that I may have increased the odds. After all, he who fishes with confidence is most likely to know success. And in the wake of my visual appreciation of the artificial's performance in the tub, I can not help but to be made that much more confident of their success in catching the eye of the trout.

No comments:

Post a Comment