September 11, 2009

Night-Tying


Another Adams. A parachute. It's close to 10 now, and I'd like to put a couple more in the box before I'm too rummy to wrap hackle. The temperature is dropping as the darkness intercedes. My circulation-challenged right hand is already posting warning signs, but tomorrow will arrive and this coolness will be just a blip on the memory screen. The freshly tied Adams' will be center stage, again, as they were today, drawing many strikes from interested cutthroat almost wherever we cast; the beautiful fish my son landed as he worked his way down a slot on Michel Creek...
How blessed am I!! To be in the company of my son, who happens to also be my favorite (I have few) fishing buddy sharing experiences that will stretch through our lifetimes and beyond in such a beautiful setting as this! Would if I could slow the hands of time so this might never end...

2 comments:

  1. Sheik yer bootie! I was there, I was witnessing the Adams marathon by headlamp at camp...

    ReplyDelete